It’s that time of year. The kids are back at school and the days are getting shorter. But that doesn’t mean your schedule is getting any less busy. In fact, it typically means the opposite. Back-to-school season brings with it after school clubs, sports, parent-teacher conferences and many more activities and events.
So who has time think of great ideas for family dinners, let alone cook them? Well now, thanks to the best pressure cooker on the market, you can prepare a delicious dinner that your family will love in no time.
To get you started, here’s an easy recipe that almost any kid or adult will love: Penne in Meat Sauce. This Italian cuisine classic is a favorite family meal for many, and you’ll be amazed at just how easy it is to make in a pressure cooker.
Don’t keep hitting up fast-food drive-thrus for convienence in between taking the kids to school, practice, games, ect., and never worry about when you’re going to find the time to cook dinner thanks to easy pressure cooker recipes. In under 10 minutes, you can can make penne in meat sauce for your whole family! With the time saved, you may even manage to sit down together as a family and enjoy time spent catching up after a busy day! Your kids may not show it or realize it until later on in life, but they will appreciate both the home-cooked meal, and the conversation.
Here’s how to make this simple and delicious family favorite:
Penne in Meat Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 pounds dry penne
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 ounces olive oil
- Place the inner pot into the Pressure Cooker. Press the “RICE/RISOTTO” button. Set time to 8 minutes.
- Heat the oil and cook the beef until browned, add the onion and garlic; drain away excess fat.
- Place the sauce and the water in the inner pot.
- Add the penne, salt and pepper mix well with a large spatula.
- Place the lid on the Pressure Cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure release valve to “Closed.”
- Once the timer reaches zero, the cooker will automatically switch to “KEEP WARM.” Press the “CANCEL” button. When the steam is completely released, remove the lid.
- Add ricotta, and mozzarella. Mix gently with large spatula and serve (serves four people).
A pressure cooker is a great way to save time preparing meals and can replace many of your kitchen items. Go online to find many more great pressure cooker recipes that will keep your family eating well throughout the busy school year.